ACTIVELY SELLING MULTIFAMILY PROPERTIES SINCE 1990 in the Bakersfield’s apartment market
TRUST THE BROKER’S BROKER: 60% of my business comes from knowledgeable, professional real estate brokers making personal investments
CLIENT SUPPORT: marketing staff for all printed materials
RESEARCH: conduct and publish exclusive apartment studies
- Bakersfield’s Residential Income Annual Report
- Bakersfield’s Quarterly Rent Survey
- Bakersfield’s Bi-Monthly Recent Sales List
- Bakersfield’s Submarket Analysis
- Just Sold Announcements
- For Sale Announcements
- Over 730 successful career transactions closed
- More than over a ½ billion in sales volume
- Five-time Circle of Excellence award winner
- I have consistently achieved a market share of 23.5% of the total dollar volume sold annually.
- 60% of my listings comes from representing other real estate professionals on the sales of their personal investments
- Over 10,061 units sold.
“Marc A. Thurston is the most knowledgeable multi-family broker I have ever worked with. His disciplined approach of tracking the local multi-family market makes him an invaluable resource in any transaction.”
Mel Atkinson | MD Atkinson Company, Inc
GET TO KNOW ME
As a third-generation Bakersfield native, I feel fortunate to have grown up in a large city with a small-town personality. It seems that everyone knows each other personally and can recite your family tree from memory. Professionally, I’m most known for being an apartment (or multifamily) real estate agent for nearly three decades, where my claim to fame is being Bakersfield’s most prolific postcard mailer.
I joined the real estate industry after earning my business degree from Cal State University Bakersfield. I started in the lending side of the industry but quickly discovered a passion for apartment brokerage. After spending seven years with Watson Realty, Bakersfield’s largest residential brokerage firm, I joined ASU Commercial (formerly known as Newmark Grubb ASU & Associates) in 1997. Since then I’ve become an apartment specialist, totaling over 700 career transactions worth more than a half billion in sales.
Outside of the office, I am an automotive enthusiast, tennis player and passionate world-traveler who enjoys spending time with my family and friends.
WHO I AM
My clients know that my consultations are based on both personal and professional experience. The strength of my extensive professional experience allows me to better serve my clients.
- Apartment Real Estate Agent: I have over 30 years of specialist experience representing buyers and sellers in Bakersfield.
- Apartment Owners: I am an investor, just like the clients I represent. No one better understands the challenges and opportunities you face.
- Property Management: I managed my own properties as well as hired third party professional property managers.
- Loan Officers: I have developed strong relationships with the best multifamily lenders, which I share with my clients.
- Marketing Strategists: Since 1990 I have been refining my marketing program to allow my clients to maximize their price in the shortest amount of time.
WHO WE ARE NOT
- Telemarketers: No cold calls, no pressure. I believe my results speak for themselves and trust that the quality of my work and the satisfaction of my clients will grow our business. When you’re ready to go, I will be ready to help.
- “Yes,” People: Beware any agent who tells you everything you want to hear! I strive to be upfront and honest about pricing, timing, etc.
- An Apartment Rental Company (we can recommend some for you!)
Why It Matters
Your time is money. My time is money. My goal is to match you with the property or the buyer that can deliver the maximum return on investment in the least amount of time. I have created a best-practice program from over three decades of experience, 730 PLUS transactions closed and more than a half a billion dollars in sales. If you’re ready to buy or sell, I am ready for you.
WHAT WE DO (SERVICES)
Apartment Buyers Agent
Apartment Sellers Agent
Apartment Buyer Consultation
Apartment Seller Consultation
Complimentary Property Evaluations
Second Opinion Appraisals
Bakersfield’s Bi-Monthly Recent Sales List
Bakersfield’s Quarterly Rent Survey
Bakersfield’s Residential Income Annual Report
Bakersfield’s Submarket Map & Analysis
For Sale Announcements
Just Sold Announcements
Deferred Maintenance Properties
Large Institutional Properties (100+ units)